Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Close...but it's no cigar


Solid food has moved to finger food properly now. For breakfast we now have 1/2 a Weetabix mixed with 1/2 her usual amount of baby cereal. I'm aiming to make it a whole Weetabix and a teeny bit of cereal by this time next week. I did try a Weetabix on it's own (mixed with formula) for the first attempt, but after the first few spoons she refused to eat any more. Today for lunch we tried french beans, and she sucked on them for a while before discarding them for the more popular toast and Dairylea. Banana (uncooked) is a bit hit and miss. I don't think she likes how it feels in her hands! We also tried broccoli this afternoon. I steamed the life out of it as I'd read it should be super soft, but as soon as she tried to pick it up, it disintegrated in her hands. She looked a bit bemused and went onto something else. Silly Mummy!

I'm hoping that by the time Christmas comes around, she's on more finger foods and less purees. Not only is is a damn sight easy for me, but I want her to be able to develop her coordination skills. She still doesn't like meat, but maybe turkey will be different. Here's hoping!

Inara's been doing so well at sitting on her own. Yesterday she sat on her playmat (surrounded by pretty much every cushion we own) and played with her toys. She didn't fall over for at least 15 minutes! This is a new record. She's learnt that if she starts to topple, she has to sit up straight again or she'll fall over. If she's tired, she'll sit there but grumble a bit. As long as she has some toys or Mummy to entertain her, she's happy enough.

No comments: