Like, years. Sorry about that! Life got in the way of blogging about life I guess. Let's see....where we are now. Inara is almost 6 now. Yep, I'm freaked out by that too. She's growing like a weed and has the attitude of a runway model half the time. I swear she once uttered the phrase 'I don't get out of bed for less than a bowl of Cheerios'.
Tantrums aside, this little bean is truly amazing every day. Yesterday she used the word 'literally' correctly. Twice. That's something most of my adult friends can't do! Her imagination grows daily, and although she'd like to pretend she's 15, the option to sit in a blanket tent and pretend we're pirates is still high up on the list.
We've applied for school for this year. It's a huge scary step. For me. She's not fazed at all and can't wait to go to 'big'school. The school bag had been bought and it was super expensive. Like, hotel overnight expensive. But, every kid in school has a Scout bag, and I didn't want her to feel left out on her day. It's pretty cute, blue with owls (naturally, but I swear she chose it herself!), and came with a pencil case, sports bag etc to soften the blow of the price. I've gradually been buying the paint box, crayons and other bits she'll need, so we don't have to buy it all in one go and live off beans on toast for that month.
Today is Rosenmontag in Germany. I don't know what that actually is, but people are all dressed up as celebrities, animals, fruit etc. I know tomorrow is pancake day! Does that excuse my ignorance? Wait, I'll Google it....ok 'Rosenmontag (Rose Monday) is the highlight of the German "Karneval" (carnival), and is on the Shrove Monday before Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.' Great! Everyone clearer now....nope me either. Anyway, Inara went off to kindergarten dressed as a fairy. Tomorrow she's going to be a Dr.
Anyway, I'll leave you with my favorite recent picture from Christmas. Hopefully I'll blog again before next Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment