Inara is doing well. She was weighed yesterday and is now 3400g / 7lbs 7oz! She's really filling out and has cute chubby cheeks. Although she's still too small for most of her newborn clothes, she's almost fitting into a few sleepsuits and hopefully will be in the rest soon! She developed colic about 5 days ago and it was a nightmare for the first few days. She would throw herself backwards and arch her back, screaming and screaming. We tried Sab Simplex (a German remedy) but you had to put drops on a spoon and try to slot it into her mouth. Not easy with a wailing, flailing baby!! We then tried fennel tea as we were told that worked, but it didn't seem to do much. Jan brought over some Infacol for us which seems to have done the trick! She still gets the odd bout, but it doesn't last as long and doesn't seem as bad.
As for sleep.....ha! She's started to feed for about an hour, so I'm usually up from 1am-2am, then again at 4am-5am, then again about 6am/7am. I usually give in about 8am and just get up. Sometimes I can put off a feed (especially if she only fed an hour ago) by just rocking her crib and she dozes off again. I've been trying to let Mark sleep during the night feeds, as he has to go back to work on Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to snooze in the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment