Thursday, 16 July 2009

Quilt of awesomeness!


My friend Nikki came to visit us last weekend from the UK. It's the first time she'd seen Inara and I was so excited for them to finally meet! Nikki is NOT a homecraft kind of person at all - it's important you know this. I have never in all my years of knowing Nikki (20 to be accurate) to pick up a sewing needle! Because of this, her gift to us is all the more amazing. Nikki has spent the last 6 months making Inara a gorgous bed quilt!! Her husband's Mum is a seamstress of sorts, so Nikki travelled to her regularly learn how to do it. She did ALL the work you see apart from the edging as she wasn't confident enough to do that bit. It even has Inara's name and DOB on the back! I was so stunned when I saw it, it's so pretty and the patches on it compliment each other so well. Inara seemed to like it too!


No comments: