Sunday, 5 July 2009

Smile!

We finally managed to get a photo of Inara smiling! She LOVES Geoffrey the blue giraffe that Sarah, my sister, bought her. We show it to her and her eyes light up! Geoffrey gives her 'kisses' on the nose (along with sound effects from Mummy!) and she just gives us big, goofy, gummy grins! We tried to get it on video too - our camera has a crappy video setting with no sound, but you can still see her smile (and yawn!).

This weekend we have been going to the Heinerfest. It's a 4 day huge inner-city fair that covers the whole town with stalls, sideshows, ferris wheels, roller coasters etc and live music. Thursday evening we went with Claudi and Sven. It was fairly quiet as it was the first night and a school day. We saw a few live bands, some were really good! One did an amazing cover of the Kings of Leon's 'Sex on Fire', although after Claudi and I went home, the boys said they found an even better band called Dicke Fische (Fat Fish) who did lots of Led Zepp.

Friday night I joined Mark's workmates for a few (non-alcoholic) drinks. I left early as Inara needed a bath and I was a bit tired. Saturday, we went in with Ric, Emma, Ian, Claudi and Sven and their friends Ralph and Lais. It was SO busy that I quickly got fed up with trying to manoeuvre my way through the crowds with a pram. After some of the guys went on the ferris wheel, we decided to make a move home. It was after midnight, so we didn't feel too old for going early! I'll add some pictures of the Heinerfest when I get time.

No comments: