Monday, 26 April 2010

First cold

Well, after 2 weeks of mixing with the other kids at the childminders, it was bound to happen! Inara's got a cold...probably from the kid who seems to have a permanently running nose. We're into day 4 of it now. Thursday and Friday night were horrendous. She was so stuffed up that she would only sleep if one of us was holding her, and even then she was screaming with tiredness and pain. I felt utterly helpless, it was awful to see her is distress.

Her naps in the day have gone totally out of routine, and I'm lucky if she sleeps at all in her cot now. As soon as I lie her down for a nap, she's standing up and screaming, tears running down her face, until I pick her up, and then she's instantly silent and nodding off. This would be fine if she would stay asleep, but the second I move to put her down, she's having a tantrum, kicking and screaming. I really, really hope this is just because she's off colour, or the childminders are going to have a fun time with her next week when I go back to work!!

The good side of the last few weeks has been that she's adapted brilliantly to the childminders. There are 4 other kids there, ranging from 2-2 1/2, so she's the youngest by quite a way. One little girl, Sunny, loves Inara and follows her around, brings her toys and tries to hug and kiss her. I say tries as Inara is NOT having anyone touch her and shoves her away, leaving poor Sunny crossly saying 'NEIN Inara!!'.

The others kids are very cute, although Jermaine is a bit of a bully and has recently discovered pushing, throwing and biting...yay. Lily (she of the nose running) seems to only say one thing and that's 'Lily's!'. Whenever another kid picks a toy up (even if she's no where near it) Lily will automatically whine 'Lily's!' and get upset. Till is a sweet boy, and always has a smile and hug for me in the morning, aww.

Inara doesn't seem at all fussed when I leave her, but oddly she starts crying as soon as I return and wants me to pick her up, as she's suddenly realised I was gone and is worried I'm going again! I'm really pleased with the people we chose for her, they are lovely and Inara seems to really like them. It will be a weight off my mind when I go back to work as I know she will be looked after properly.

No comments: