Friday, 30 April 2010

Tooth no.6 and total abandonment

Inara's 6th tooth broke through a few days ago and when she really grins you can now see all of her teeth! She's started to give open mouth sloppy kisses...sort of. She plants herself on your cheek and kind of makes 'uhuhuh' noises...hmm. She also thinks it's hysterical to try and bite my nose. Er, no.

This week saw three days of abandonment as I left her with the childminder from 9-3 in trial runs. Wednesday was fine, she didn't bat an eyelid when I left, but they said she wouldn't take food from anyone at lunch and needed to be cuddled to sleep (although she then slept for 2 hours). As soon as she saw me again she started to really cry and lifted her arms up! The childminders said she had been fine until then!

Thursday was not a good day. It started off with madam wanting UP at 5:45am, ugh. Then she was very clingy and whingy when I went to leave, crawling after me and crying. It was awful! She ate a little better, but still needed to be cuddled to sleep, but this time she only went down for 45 mins. Again, the tears started when she saw me, but we had lots of fun and belly laughs in the park afterwards which was bliss.

Today went a little better. I think the childminders were having second thoughts about her after Thursday! She was up early again, so cue clingy, whiny baby when I was leaving, poor thing! I stood outside for a few minutes, but she stopped crying pretty quickly, so I left properly. She slept for 2 hours, ate a lot better and this time when she saw me she had a little whimper, but once I sat next to her, she carried on happily eating her rice cake and chattering away. Today was the longest I'd left her (9-4:30), but when I'm working it'll be just as long (8-3:30) so I guess it's good she gets used to it. I hate to leave her though, it's really hit home this week that I'm back to work on Monday and won't be with her all day :(

I will be very glad to see Mark tomorrow when he gets back from Alabama. He forgot to forward me his flight details, so I don't know when to expect him. I'm hoping he sends them to me before he leaves, or he might come home to an empty house!

No comments: