Sunday, 9 May 2010

My 1st Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day in Germany, and since we didn't celebrate the UK one in March, I made sure I was remembered this time! I woke up to a card and big bag of sweets on the changing mat from Inara, bless.

Inara's been waking up so early this last week (average of 5:45am, ugh), so I've been super tired. No chance to catch up in the day either now I'm back to work. This morning though, Inara was very cuddly, and snuggled up to me on the sofa. I looked down at 9am and she'd zonked out. I had to wake her at 12pm as I really needed to pee and my neck was stiff! I then went back to bed, as Mark got up and my head was killing me. I could hear Inara giggling downstairs with Mark, which really made me smile as I went to sleep.

My first week back at work has been good. It's been nice to talk to adults in the day, but I miss Inara. She's been doing really well at the childminders though. They always tell me she's had a fun day, slept and ate ok. She usually has a big grin for me when I pick her up, but then gets really upset when I try to put her down to put my shoes on, as she thinks I'm going again! I'm sure the novelty of being at work will wear off soon, but I only have another 2 months before the long summer break.

Mum and Dad are coming out to visit on Wednesday (ash cloud allowing...) for Inara's birthday. We're having a little party on Saturday with some of our friends who also have small kids. It should be a good day!

No comments: