Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Bump has exploded!

In the last week or so my bump seems to have just popped out from nowhere. It has been there a while, but was a bit flabby looking. Now it's a clear bump! I do have photos but I want to save them for another few months, so you'll have to wait to see them!

Paul and Frida came to visit for the weekend. We took them to a few Christmas markets, Heidelberg, Frankfurt and Darmstadt. 

Heidelberg was definitely the best. It was so pretty and we had a lot of fun wandering about looking at everything. We had a nightmare trying to get there though, as the bus we needed from the train station kept disapperaing from the display board! In the end we got another bus, hoping to just get closer. We kept warm by eating roated chestnuts! Heidlberg might have been lovely, but it was FREEZING. It was about -3 with the wind chill (which was gusting) and we were not prepared for it at all. Even though I had on my usual layers and everyone else was warmly dressed with hats and gloves, we all ended up having to buy another layer or two! Paul didn't even wait to get out of the shop before putting on his extra jumper. The others stayed warm by drinking glühwein but I had to abstain. I did try kinderpunsch (kids punch) but it was disgustingly sweet and I couldn't even finish one! Paul even took home a souvenier cup (technically you are meant to give them back, but you pay to hire them anyway...)

Frankfurt market was ridiculously busy. We spend a good ten minutes just shuffling along, packed in at all sides, trying to get to the other side and find some breathing room. Eventually we found a table neat a glühwein stand (another 3 cups came home...) where a warm drink heated us up. Afterwards we went across the river for dinner and drinks.

I have another 4 days of work left - yay! I really need the break. I know I am getting my energy back, but it's still tiring. Mark is off work now, lucky thing (although I'll get him doing some housework, ha!).

No comments: