
On Friday we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It varied between 150-160 bpm, but occasionally went a bit lower/higher as she wriggled about. You might be able to see a small kick at about 1min 45secs. Look between the two monitors on my stomach. The graph took ages to print out, and Mark was a little restless with the video taking! Also, don't worry about what I am saying at the start, I have no idea what it is either! We'd like to get a 4D scan too, but it's 90€ so we will have to see what our money is like towards the end of the month.
PS Please excuse the awful maternity underwear I am wearing!!!
Baby update:
26 weeks
Mum is weighing 71.2 kgs/11st 2lbs!!
Waist size: 38"
From top to toe with her legs extended, she is about 14 inches/ 35.6 centimetres. She weighs a little more than 1.6 pounds/ 760 grams. Response to sound grows more consistent toward the end of the seventh month, when the network of nerves to the ear is complete. She also continues to take small breaths and although she's only breathing in water and not air, it's still good practice for when she's born. Fetal brain scans show response to touch. Her eyes begin to open around now. If I shine a light on my abdomen, the baby will turn her head, which according to researchers, means her optic nerve is working!
No comments:
Post a Comment