Sunday, 15 March 2009

30 weeks and waddling like a hippo!

I hit 30 weeks today and I'm feeling it this week! My hip has been bad this week, more than a few minutes of walking and it starts to hurt. I'm not letting it slow me down too much though! We went to Frankfurt today to meet Scott and his girlfriend Julie for lunch, and then met up with Luke and Amanda for coffee afterwards. It was a nice relaxing day of food and drink!

I'm getting a bit breathless walking up the stairs at school. I'm ok on a flat surface, but the stairs are getting steeper I swear!

I bought a few baby bits in the week. I managed to get a Chicco travel cot for 29€ down from 79€! It's bright orange and really nice. I couldn't snap the sides into place though, so I sat on the floor and cried for 10 minutes - hormones! Mark managed to do it when he got back from football. I don't think he was best pleased to be doing it at midnight when he was tired and hungry! We also bought a detachable car seat/pram toy and a bath chair.

30 weeks info:
Baby's lungs and digestive tract are almost fully developed. While she may soon slow up growing in length, (she measures about 15.7 inches/ 40 centimetres from crown to toe by now), she will continue to gain weight until she's born.

This week she continues to open and shut her eyes. She can probably see what's going on in utero, distinguish light from dark and even track a light source. If I shine a light on my stomach, she might move her head to follow the light or even reach out to touch the moving glow. To complete the picture, she now has eyebrows and eyelashes!

We know she is still bald from the 4D scan, and that she probably has Mark's mouth. We think she might have my nose, but we're not sure - I hope so! She might also have Mark's elf ears...

No comments: