This is the bargain Chicco Bye-Byes travel cot we bought. It looks lovely when up and more than suitable for all our needs. I bought a mattress lifter which raises the mattress from the floor to about a foot from the top (you can see it in the picture, it's the blue layer clipped onto the sides). This will save me bending over when Bean is really little and hopefully save my back! When you use the mattress lifter, you can unzip either side panel and store things underneath.
"Brilliant!" I thought....then we tried to put it up...and down...and up...and down. My first attempt was a solo effort. It ended with me in tears on the floor and a tired and hungry Mark trying to make the last side click into place at midnight after a game of football. Then we couldn't get it back down. Mark grunted and shoved and the thing finally collapsed (a day later!). I thought I'd leave it a week or so and try again, so out it came tonight. This time, I managed to get the sides up no problem, but we still couldn't get it back down! Half an hour later and a lot of muttering and heavy breathing, we did it. HOW this can be an easy to use travel cot, I have no idea! Luckily we bought it as a day bed/playpen for the lounge to save running up and down the stairs all the time, and to give Bean somewhere to play while I run the hoover etc, so it won't be dismantled often. I wouldn't like to have to cart this around with me, especially without a car. It's quite heavy and although it has wheels so you can drag it, it would take up one of our luggage allowances on the plane!
Still, it looks pretty and that's what really matters...right?
2 comments:
Get this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A6J7P8
I LOVE it! Super easy to use and it packs up small. I have it. Two friends have it. We all love it.
At least you don't have to cart the travel cot to our house, as we already have a baby room for when josh stays. Great idea those travel cots but have to agree they are a nightmare to assemble and disassemble!!! xxxx
Post a Comment