
Only 7 more days of work left before my maternity leave - woo!! I am starting to feel quite tired and heavy now, especially at night. I'm sleeping ok, only waking up when Mark comes to bed. Bean had a crazy ten minutes last night! I rolled over to go to sleep and she just started pushing and thumping me all over. Mark was able to come upstairs and see some of the bigger movements; they are starting to look very alien now! When it's happening more often I will video it and post it on here for you.
31 weeks, info:
Beans arms, legs and body continue to fill out - and they are finally proportional in size to her head. She weighs about 3.9lbs and looks more like a newborn. She should to gain at least two more pounds before birth.
Her organs are continuing to mature and she is passing water from her bladder. Brain scans have shown that foetuses have periods of dream sleep around month eight.
Although the umbilical cord is wrapped around her neck twice, the Dr doesn't seem too concerned. The baby is apparently a little under her ideal weight, although I disagree with this based on my own research. According to several medical websites, a 31 week old foetus should weight between 3.3 - 3.7lbs. Bean was roughly 3.9lbs according to the Dr at my last scan 2 weeks ago...so we will monitor it to make sure she is growing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment