Friday, 14 August 2009

Demon child!

I thought I'd been let of easy with the immunisations, but no. It seems Wednesday was a fluke. Yesterday, Inara spent most of the day sleeping, crying or eating (mostly sleeping). When bedtime arrived she was not having any of it and was wide awake. We let her stay up a little longer, and then when she next wanted a feed I took her upstairs. It took me about an hour to get her down, usually only takes 20-25 mins. She would start feeding, then stop and just scream, then root around again. She finally went down about 9:30pm, but was up again at midnight, 1:30am, 3:30am, 5am and 8am. Ugh.

This morning she was bright and happy, but not as smiley as usual. As soon as she got tired the demon settled in again! She wanted food, but was still pulling away and screaming. I had no idea what to do as I knew she just needed to sleep. My 'go to' for guaranteed sleep is the boob, but since that wasn't working I resorted to just holding her close and making shushing sounds. She finally dozed off half an hour later (still whimpering) and is now sprawled out in the middle of our bed! I'm hoping she feels better when she wakes up. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's pretty common. Molly would sleep the day she got the shots, but be completely out of sorts the following day. You are not alone.