Yesterday, Claudi, Inara and I hit Ikea big time! It's the first time Inara has been to Ikea and, like every woman alive, she loved it! The restaurant made her eyes super wide as she took in all the bright coloured adverts for 'dish of the day'. We were there for 3 hours (by no means a record) and both came away happy.
I bought some shelves as we want to start getting things off of the floor for when madam starts crawling. It's ages away yet as she can't even roll over, but it never hurts to be prepared! I also bought the obligatory baskets and ornaments that you absolutely MUST have when you see them.
I have to give props to Ikea for how child friendly they are. From the ball park where you can leave them with professional childminders, to the slides instead of stairs, to the wagons you can wheels them about in, it was great! The changing room was especially a treat for me. I have been to so many places lately where I have had to balance Inara on a tiny worktop or on my knees while I sit on the toilet lid! This was a lovely big bright room with 2 changing stations. There was a big roll of paper above each one that you could roll over the mat and then throw away afterwards if you didn't have your own travel mat. They also had free nappies, a diaper genie so it didn't stink, and a dedicated breastfeeding area (comfy chair behind a screen for privacy). I was thrilled! This shows how exciting my life has become, lol.
One thing I love about Ikea? No matter where you are in the world, each shop is identical!
1 comment:
"One thing I love about Ikea? No matter where you are in the world, each shop is identical!"
That's not entirely true. Have you ever been to Ikea in Frankfurt? It's horrible. Half the store was closed up and the other half didn't have half the usual Ikea-Stuff.
So the one in Frankfurt is really only one fourth Ikea. And the staff is really not friendly.
Post a Comment