
Maia Cai Wolf
Mark, Inara and I went to visit Claudi and baby Maia today. We were her first visitors! Maia is soooo tiny, I can't believe Inara was so small! We compared Inara and Maia and they are so similar.
Inara born at 22:15 - Maia born at 22:09
Inara length at birth 50cm - Maia 50cm
Inara length at birth 50cm - Maia 50cm
Inara 2875g - Maia 3070g (about 5 oz difference)
Time of labour - both 10 hours
We both had very similar labours too, both dilated super fast and no one believed us!
Claudi couldn't have the epidural she wanted as she's been on blood thinning injections for the thrombosis in her legs. She said she thought she would die from the pain at one point! Afterwards, it took them over an hour to get the placenta out, and they found a knot in the umbilical cord. They also said the placenta had a problem with blood flow and Maia was lucky to be alive.
We'll get some more pictures in the coming days. Claudi and Maia come home tomorrow, and Mark has gone to their house this evening to wet the baby's head. I told Sven to make sure the house is tidy for when Claudi gets home, but I doubt it'll be up to female standards!
No comments:
Post a Comment