Inara is practising for baby modelling. Coca Cola? I prefer it to milk! Don't worry Mum, she just plays with the cup in the bath, I don't give her Coke!
Yesterday we went to the Jugendstilbad in the afternoon. It's a swimming pool/spa that was recently renovated. It was originally a swimming bath built in the early 1900's, but the building was almost destroyed during WWII and built again in the 70's using some of the remaining features.
It was really nice, although we took the pram and had to carry it down 2 flights of stairs to the changing rooms! The family room wasn't very big, you could have just about fitted 2 adults and a baby in, so we took it in turns getting ready while one of us watched the pram. You then have to walk quite far to the actual pool (back up the stairs, which are wet and a bit slippery) but it's worth the walk. The children's pool was lovely and warm, a nice 34 degrees, which was ideal for Inara. They had water squirters, slides and an activity gym thing for them, plus a normal sized pool, jacuzzi and outdoor pool all for your €5. Mark braved the outdoor pool and said it was really hot!
Inara had literally just woken up when we arrived, so she wasn't the happiest of swimmers! She floated about though and got her head wet without crying. I hadn't realised that you could take your towels to the poolside, so we had to walk all the way back down to the changing rooms when we finally got out, wet and cold. Inara did NOT like this and the tears started. They didn't stop until she was dry, dressed and upright!
I was hoping that the activity would tire her out and she'd have a good night's sleep but she woke up at 2am, wide awake and ready to play. After a lot of crying and protesting, she finally went back to sleep at 3am. I was fully expecting to have to get up again a few hours later, but she slept until 7am! I was actually so shocked that I ran into her room to check she was still alive; I was convinced something bad had happened. Thankfully I was greeted by a big beaming smile from my happy baby!
Although she hasn't actually shown a great like or dislike to swimming, I'm going to keep taking her so she gets used to it. I want her to be able to swim from a young age as I think she and Mark will have a great time together in the big pool!
No comments:
Post a Comment