Thursday, 8 October 2009

Someone has junk in the trunk!

Favourite picture of the moment:
I weighed Inara at Claudi's today as she has hired some digital baby scales from the chemist. Little tub was 7.4kg (clothed) so about 7kg/15lbs naked. Tub! She'd better start crawlng soon or she'll get too tubby to move!

Night times are slooooooowly getting better. I think she is getting used to her own bedroom and the cot now, it's less scary. Last night she went to sleep at 8pm and woke for a feed at 12:30am, then woke at 3am but I just gave her her dummy and she slept again until 5:30am. I fed her then, but she was quite awake and wanted UP! I tried leaving her to doze for a while, but after hearing her babble to herself on the monitor and then start getting bored and upset, I took her downstairs. Little bugger then fell asleep in my arms an hour later! I decided to take what I could get and dozed with her until 9am - woo!

She's starting to really enjoy her food (no surprise there!) and mashed banana, strawberries and apple seems a firm favourite. I was really hoping not to wean her until 6 months, but she is so much happier now and sleeping better in the day. Baby rice is shunned unless mixed with something else, and having tasted it, I don't blame her! Wallpaper paste is probably nicer.

I need to buy some ice cube trays to portion and store my purees in, but I am a blending fiend! Today we are having carrot, baked potato and peas for dinner. Yum!

No comments: