Friday, 16 October 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Today is my Mum and Dad's 38th wedding anniversary. My Dad will no doubt be full of '...and you only get 15 years for murder!' jokes all day! Every year, I swear!

Inara has been really good the last two days. Her napping is getting better and she went down this morning without a peep! I've introduced a silky blankie to her, and she loves to rub it all over her face when she's tired. I have to tiptoe into her room once she's asleep and take it away in case she smothers herself, but to be honest, she kicks the blankets up over her head and eats them anyway!

I'm not doing that well though. I've got a blocked duct in my right breast and it feels on fire! I've had one there before, but this is bigger and takes up half my boob, ouch. I've also done something to my left arm that feels like nerve damage. It's very weak and aches all the time.

Last night I didn't get a lot of sleep which probably didn't help. Sven has gone to the UK for a few days, so I told Claudi to call me if she needed any help with Maia. Last night she called about 11:15pm in a real panic, so I got up and went round there. Maia had been crying for 2 hours and Claudi thought she might have had a fever. I took her temp and she was fine, but really over tired. I have no idea why, but she doesn't sleep for hours and hours. This means she gets worked out the more sleepy she gets, and she doesn't know how to calm herself down. I tried a few techniques and got her off to sleep, then when she woke 15 minutes later, I showed Claudi how to do them. It seemed to work and I left at 12:45am, but Claudi called this morning and said Maia was up until 4am until she finally gave in and brought her into her bed. Poor thing! I then woke up at 3am with my arm really hurting, and dozed on and off until 4:30am when Inara woke up.

Madam decided at 6:30am that it was time to get UP so up we got! She had her banana rice for breakfast and then went down for a 2 1/2 hour sleep at 8:30am - yay!! Time for Mummy to snooze too.

Feeding her solids is going really well. She's not a real fan of carrot, but she loved the broccoli, pear and pea I made her, as well as strawberry and apple. Peach and banana seem to go down well, and I'm going to make sweet potato, pumpkin, apple and blueberry later. The recipes tend to fill up about 2 ice cube trays, so I freeze them in little blocks and then bag them up. It's so much easier than trying to defrost part of a big mushed up puree! I'm quite proud of the fact that I'm making all of her food, I never thought I would have the time or inclination, but seeing how much she prefers my food to the store bought stuff really gives me a happy feeling!

Now if only I could get her to sleep through the night.....tips welcome!!

No comments: