Thursday, 19 November 2009

Sleeping through - finally!!

Inara's been sleeping from 7pm-7am all this week. I didn't want to say anything in case I jinxed it (and probably just have) but she's sleeping through the night, yay! She will occasionally wake up and want her dummy re-inserting, but that takes me all of 20 seconds so I don't mind. I think the fact that she is eating solids is really helping.

Speaking of solids, we appear to have hit a roadblock! I've made so many purees for her but she won't eat anything except broccoli, sweet potato, pear, apple, banana and strawberry. Most other things are now met with clamped lips and tears in her eyes! I have been mixing a few new ones in with her favourites, trying to sneak them past. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Today I made broccoli, sweet potato and parsnip, and she ate 3/4 of it without complaining, and then polished off a bowl of Goodnight rice mixed with strawberry and plum (plum is another new one). Chicken is a definite DO NOT WANT! I have tried her a few times now and she just flat out refuses to open her mouth after the first spoonful. Doesn't matter what it's mixed with, it's a no!

I have also discovered that apricot doesn't freeze. It's semi-frozen, so it's all sticky when I get it out of the bag. Mind you, it's better than the last time I made purees. I was too impatient for them all to freeze 100%, so I bashed them out of the ice cube trays, put them in bags.....and I now have some very solid, large lumps of veg! It's a nightmare trying to separate one portion from the mush, so I have resorted to defrosting the whole blooming lot, taking a teaspoonful out for Inara and eating the rest for my lunch!

Fingers foods are met with distrust, curiosity and excitement! Today she had half a slice of toast with a little smear of unsalted butter. She was very keen to try it and seemed to like it. After gumming most of it, she got bored and tired, so we gave up. I think she probably ate about a 1/2 of it, while the rest went on the floor, in her hair and smushed into the highchair! She did NOT like the stick of cucumber I gave her, and promptly threw it on the floor after one lick. Banana is ok, but she finds it hard to pick up as it's a bit slippery. We'll keep trying!

No comments: