
Holy Moly!! 37 weeks seem to have flown by, and yet it seems to have taken an age to get here. I'm really uncomfortable now, even in bed (where normally I could live quite happily). Getting on and off the sofa takes a few shuffles, and rolling out of bed isn't fun either as it's so low down. As for turning over in bed, ha!!
Bean has become more active in the last few days, really shoving herself about in there. I'm getting more big pushes and lumps sticking out. She's also moving further down and engaging, which is causing me some pain and discomfort. I've finished with my magnesium, so there's nothing stopping her arrival now! My bag is (finally) packed, barring a few last minute bits that will need to be thrown in. Does it count as vanity or stupidity if I want to pack my GHDs?!? Mark has his own list of things he needs to bring, which I've not given him yet. I just hope he remembers everything!
This weekend was a long one as Germany had Friday off for Labour Day. Friday, Mark was meant to be going on a vineyard wine walk. It's where you start in one vineyard and basically walk to another, sampling the products when you arrive. It's usually a messy affair I've been told! Anyway, he got up late and realised he would miss the train, so in the end he didn't go. We ended up going for a late coffee/beer and early dinner with Claudi and Sven in the Herrengarten. It was nice weather, but clouded over when the sun set. Today we went to Wiesbaden/Mainz with Claudi and Sven to meet our friend Ralf. We had a coffee and some food by the river on the Mainz side and then a gentle stroll on the Wiesbaden side. The weather was looking a little ominous so we headed back early. Mark's loving having the car here, he was roaring (sensibly, Mum, sensibly) down the autobahn!
37 week info:
Bean's head is now cradled in my pelvic cavity - surrounded and protected by my pelvic bones (ouch!). This position clears some much-needed space for her growing legs and buttocks.
Many babies now have a full head of hair, but we were told at our 4D scan that Bean is bald!
Many babies now have a full head of hair, but we were told at our 4D scan that Bean is bald!
Speaking of hair, most of the downy coat of languo that covered her from 26 weeks has disappeared, and so has most of the vernix caseosa, the whitish substance that also covers her. She will swallow her lanugo and exterior coating (EWW), along with other secretions, and store them in her bowels. These will become her first bowel movement, a blackish waste called meconium (again, I say EWW).
No comments:
Post a Comment