Saturday, 23 May 2009

The first couple of weeks


(click here for more pics)

Well we've been home for a week now and adjusting nicely. Inara tends to sleep a lot during the day but not so much at night! She has her feed at midnight-1am, then again at 3am-4am, then again at about 7am-8am. She does NOT like going back into her crib! She'll sleep anywhere happily during the day and it's impossible to wake her, but try to lie her in her crib at 4am after a feed and it's tantrum time! We've been learning a bit more about her habits and how to get her off to sleep, but it's hard work and tiring. The other night I had a full on sobbing fit just because I couldn't do up my nursing bra lol! I'm not napping during the day either which probably doesn't help. 

Mum and Dad are still here but Sarah went home this evening (there were tears!).  They are here until next Thursday and then John and Jan are out three days later. We've been out in town with the pram (which I have to say I love pushing!) and pottered about a bit. It's been lovely to watch them with Inara!

Inara was weighed on Thursday and she was 3kg exactly. The midwife is really happy with her progress and we're going to give her a bath on Monday with a Tummy Tub which I can't wait to do. She'll either love it or hate it, I'll let you know!

No comments: