Taggart and Ali came to visit this weekend. They both live in Munich so they drove up Friday night. They were meant to arrive about 7pm, but the weather was quite bad and they hit roadworks, so they didn't make it until 10pm. Sylvi and I went into town for dinner about 8.30pm as we were starving and didn't want to wait any longer! We had dinner at the Ratskeller and the guys joined us about 11pm. Then it got a bit messy! After staying until closing time (1am) we found another pub to park ourselves in and were there until 3.30am. Ian got rather drunk....drunk Ian is one of my favourite people, he's so unintentionally funny! We wandered around town for a while looking for an open kebab shop for the guys, but failed. Finally we got a taxi home and I crawled into bed at 4am, leaving the guys watching Top Gun, lol. Saturday the guys went into Frankfurt in the afternoon and I joined them for dinner. They were all flagging due to lack of sleep, quantities of beer and wurst, so we caught the last train at 1.30am and called it a night.This evening Mark and I went to see the new Star Trek movie with Ric. I'd heard mixed reviews so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I quite liked it. Zac Quinto was really well cast as young Spock, and Simon Pegg's Scottish accent was brilliant! It was a good mix of action and comedy (although it did get a little Galaxy Quest at times) and we all enjoyed it.
38 week info:
Babies this week usually weigh about 7 pounds/ 3 kilograms, but we've not had a growth scan for ages, so I have no idea what Bean is now. She should be continuing to build the fat stores that will help regulate her body temperature after birth. Also her organ systems are fully developed and in place, but the lungs will be last to reach maturity. (Even after she is born, it may take a few hours before she establishes a normal breathing pattern.)
I am getting quite uncomfortable now. My back aches most of the time and the Braxton Hicks are coming more and more often. I am hoping this is a sign that she's well on her way!
No comments:
Post a Comment