Sunday, 25 January 2009

23 weeks

Our baby now weighs a little over one pound (approx) and measures about 11.5 inches / 29cms from crown to heel. Her hearing is well established too, and she can make out a distorted version of my voice, the beating of my heart and my stomach rumbling! Studies have shown that babies like listening to classical music, so I have been playing her some of that via the iPod headphones tucked into my trousers! She's also been experiencing classic rock and music from the 50's - 70's too of course!

As well as hearing, her lungs have started to develop to prepare for breathing. If she were to be born now, she would have a 16% chance of survival, but this increases to 44% next Sunday.

We've been watching the National Geographic - In the Womb series on YouTube. There are about 10 videos in total and they are amazing!

Stats
Week: 23
Waist: still 37", yay!
Weight gained so far: Not weighed today, but it's all baby, I swear!

Saturday night we went out in Frankfurt with Luke and Amanda. We ate in an African restaurant where you sit on cushions on the floor. I did worry that I would be uncomfortable or get stuck, but I was fine as long as I was able to lean against the wall! It was a really nice meal and we had fun.

No comments: