Monday, 10 November 2008

12 week scan


(Click on image for a bigger size)

So here he or she is! Scan was all ok. We waited for over an hour for our appointment (who says Germans are punctual?!) but the doctor was really nice and spoke great English. She took all my details, family and medical information and then it was time for the ultrasound. I was NOT prepared for an internal ultrasound and there was no real warning just 'up it goes' - ouch!!

Shock aside it was lovely to finally see the baby as a baby and not just a lump. He/she was wriggling about a bit which was amazing, and is now 5cm from crown to rump with a head diameter of 1.9cm. No deformities or downs syndrome and the Dr was very happy with how I am progressing. Mark couldn't stop grinning during the whole ultrasound!

After the scan I had to go and have my blood taken (not my favourite part) but I am getting used to it now. They took the standard tests, one for immunities (rubella etc) and another for HIV. I was hoping to get the results as soon as tomorrow afternoon so I can go back to work, but I think I will be lucky to get them by Thursday.

So there we have it, Baby Letori-Doyle, healthy, wriggling and happy!

No comments: