Scott came to see us this weekend and it was lovely to see him. He'd brought us all kinds of presents, champagne for when the baby is born, a huge bottle of beer for him and Mark, chocolate and biscuits - yum. He also gave us some money towards anything we need for the baby, and helped us test drive some prams...I say test drive, but this basically meant that I looked at how easy they were to push, fold up and the weight, and Mark and Scott raced them and played top trumps with the plastic animal display! It was a big help having him here with the car so we could go there though. We've found one we like, but it's so much cheaper in the UK that it's almost worth buying it there and shipping it over.
There's only 10 days to go until my gender scan. Hopefully the baby will co-operate and face the screen. If it's anything like it's Mum it'll relish the chance to perform!! I'll let you know when we find out.
One dark spot for me lately is that Christmas is coming up. Normally it's my favourite favourite time of year, but this year we will be in Germany on our own. Christmas isn't Christmas to me without my Mum giving us a stocking, my sister and I sitting on the bed together like we're still 5 to open them, Dad's Christmas music collection from the 1980's, a breakfast full of noise and chatter etc. I think the hormones aren't helping, but I do feel really sad when I think about it. We just can't afford to travel to the UK (and all over the UK) right now. Any money we have/will get we so need to put towards baby things.
Never mind, people have been telling me to enjoy our last Christmas as a twosome, so we'll stay in our pyjamas all day and watch daft films!
No comments:
Post a Comment